I never realized time can seriously pass so fast, not even when I was in uni. When it comes to work, it flies at such a scary speed. I can't get over the fact that it has already been a week since my internship started o_O
People tend to ask me what's my plan after this after that after xxxxx. Honestly, I don't know. Which is why I'm actually exploring, all I know is that I'd wanna work for a year or two before proceeding to masters. And which field exactly? No idea too -_- Not at the moment.
As for now, I'm glad that I kinda enjoy myself at the workplace, an organizational setting. I wouldn't say it's very much related to Psychology OR for me to practice what I've learned in uni but more like a real-life training/exposure OR it is to teach me how the world really functions, which you can't learn in uni AT ALL. Socializing with friends is nothing like that.
I intended to go into Employee Relations, for I think it really has more to do with human-related issues/counselling etc. Sadly they did not need interns, so I happened to go into Recruitment, my second choice amongst the rest which were offered by the organization.
I'm still in the phase of learning and catching up, well, actually I think it's all about learning throughout internship -__- BUTTTT, I realized how one significant life event for the others can turn out to be just-another-routine for us.
Example: Applicants got rejected and it may be like their end of the world; And us, it's all about calling up and sending a rejection email. That's all. Not forget that you're not supposed to sound sympathetic by any chance.
I think I have to get used to that cause I do feel a lil sad inside when I have to do that *.*
I also like to actually talk to candidates casually when checking up their questionnaire, especially when it's obvious that they're so uptight right before their interviews. I feel real great when they apparently loosen up a little after I open my mouth (to initiate convo :/ ) And they do the job to keep the conversation going instead!
Just so if you (psychs) remember, during the internship briefing, we, the interns to be, were told that when the rule says working hours 9am - 6pm, it actually means 8.30am - 6.30pm. In fact, I'm doing that now, not for the sake of impressing anyone or being pretentious, but I'm waking up every morning feeling excited to go to work, and not feeling extra hyped up when the clock says 6pm.
Oh gosh, I think this is getting too long. I wanna enjoy my weekend like mad now. And kid me not, knowing that it may seem shallow to some, it's my very first time working formally ok so let me jakun a bit. Everyone has their first. Don't laugh at mine, cause I'll be laughing at yours >:(
I hope this doesn't scare you off *shifty eyes
I guess I should consider myself lucky for having problem deciding my preference between uni and working life as I love both equally much <3

No comments:
Post a Comment