Taken before I drooled all the way to China. Nah kidding -.-
By the way this is my sis who's older than me by 8 years so those blind people out there please stop asking who's older or thinking saying she's my younger sis instead. Sigh :(
Now can you see who's the elder one? Wtf damn bad lol.
Taken upon arrival! Just got pushed by aunties and uncles and successfully stumbled all the way to be seated in the train that traveled at approx. 320km/h.
Oh I see there's actually red light. But it's useless 'cause they do not bother anyway.
YOUNGEST sis in the middle heeee.
It was already evening when we reached so after a short nap we went hunting for dinner. I wasn't bothered to capture any pics at all because they were way too horrible :(
Either too salty or tasteless.
Thank god the hotel is located in the central else I dare not imagine where were we gonna hang out after the dinner :S
I was told that this square is the most lively spot in Shanghai with high-end malls located side by side called the 南京步行街 o.O
Due to the current season they're in, shopping can only be a dream 'cause all of them are winter clothing..
...and I'm from Malaysia :(
Queued up half an hour and gotten myself the fleece jacket from Uniqlo but didn't even get to wear it.
WHY. Because before we were out from hotel I was concerned that my mum's jacket could not keep her warm enough so i offered but sis snatched it like that just because she wanted to look betta zzz.
Okay enough of backstabbing.
Day 2!
We joined the Shanghai one-day tour at RMB 180 per person which is roughly equivalent to MYR 90 inclusive of transport and all sorts of entry fares omg so cheap.
Primary school charges hundred over just to go to Kuala Kangsar, Perak. Major con job.
The only thing was that we had to wake up damn early T.T
Peace Hotel. There's some history 'bout it but I totally forgot.
Cheapest rate for standard room = MYR 1000+
Oriental Pearl Tower!
World's 3rd tallest TV and radio tower. The two balls (top and bottom) HAHAHA are actually ginormous.
Before we entered.
This was taken from the top ball at the height of 693m.
Excuse me for the poor quality 'cause it was foggy >.<
This is the view of 外滩.
Me: Is this also known as the 上海滩? :D
Dad: That's just the name of the movie la -.- The place itself is called 外滩.
I actually thought there's a place called 上海滩.
NO MEH?! :(
Taken at 589m, which I never looked down for a microsecond 'cause I'm altophobic T.T
I got there by holding sis's hand and slowly took a step back. Now I'm kinda regretting for missing out how it felt like to be so high up with nothing else below your feet.
I got my gene from my mama.
We proceed to the Ground Floor - Wax Museum, portraying the old Shanghai.
Some of them.
There were a lot more to capture but honestly they're so interesting to look at!
Hi I'd like to pawn myself.
And again, the tour brought us to a place that looked like staff canteen for lunch (wasn't included in the prepaid tour fares summore). Even worse than the dinner we had previous night! Gosh Shanghai food please treat me betta.
After that we were brought to Quenya Titania to see crystal and taught how to differentiate between glass and real crystal blablabla which was where I encountered some brainless bitch who's so fond of pushing others to make her way through. LIKE LITERALLY USE HANDS TO SHOVE YOU ASIDE AND TAKE OVER YOUR PLACE TO BE AT THE FIRST ROW. Not like the speaker is damn handsome -.-
Ironically this is the most significant thing I remembered from the place.
Next spot: Hillman Ltd that produces utensils, machines and whatnot. The demonstration was kinda impressive and mummy (typical target: housewife) was persuaded to purchase a set.
Lowest level is a chocolate-making factory o.O
Nyaha and now the chicken's brave for once at this height. 589m? No thank you :(
The last station -- 城隍庙.
Nothing much over here.
Sort of like a much cleaner version of Petaling Street inside with lots of stalls selling local snacks, where my sis also conned my money for Starbucks lol
And I tried Chao Tau Fu for the first time in my life!
I could bare with the taste 'cause It's all in your mind (Ryan, 2010)
Seriously I could swallow it with no problem when I distracted myself from thinking about the taste and felt like puking when I thought of how people usually describe it.
It was repeatedly tested :D
and then..
Shanghai Harbor after dinner! (finally a more pleasant one)
Ahhh I even asked to return the next day but it didn't happen :(
The night view was astonishing, but obviously not justified in this pic.
I remembered it was friggin' cold that night that I could barely make another step ahead. Shivering all the way! KFC's hot pearl milk tea saved me <3
They serve Lok Lok in 7-11 so awesome.
The overpriced conditioner that I was left no choice but to buy it.
The common brands were all sold out and till then I realized the price was comparatively reasonable 'cause it's so so so nice to use! You want silky smooth hair? GET THIS MAN.
Don't see it anywhere in Malaysia :(
And the next post, god knows when..
No comments:
Post a Comment